Wed, 09 Oct|
Institute of Solomon Islands Accountants
The Influential Accountant
This workshop is for accounting & finance professionals who are responsible for influencing the future performance of their business or clients. If you want to be more than a number-cruncher, you’re invited to come & learn about the key skills to deepen your influence & achieve your true potential.
Time & Location
09 Oct 2019, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Institute of Solomon Islands Accountants, NPF Plaza, Hibiscus Avenue, Honiara, Solomon Islands
About the Event
Who should attend (Audience)
This workshop is for accounting and finance professionals who are responsible for influencing the future performance of their business or clients. If you want to be more than a number-cruncher, you’re invited to come and learn about the key skills to deepen your influence and achieve your true potential.
Program overview (short)
In this workshop, participants will learn and practice knowledge, tools and techniques to improve their ability to positively influence people.
Program overview (longer)
In this workshop, participants will learn and practice knowledge, tools and techniques across three key influencing skills: decision-making, conflict resolution and providing feedback. Furthermore, participants will learn to apply the GROW Coaching Model to enhance their influence through appreciative enquiry of management, stakeholders, clients and team members.
- Decision-making: applying critical thinking to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of decisions.
- Conflict resolution: practicing tools to address personal differences and build better relationships.
- Providing feedback: setting expectations to provide feedback that builds trust and improves performance.
- GROW Coaching Model: developing questioning skills to improve positive influence of others.
- Participants will increase self-awareness of their current skills and the required skills to increase their influence in their roles.
- Participants will improve their self-confidence and competence to apply tools and techniques relevant to the key topics.
- Participants will enhance their ability to self-regulate their own behaviors and the behaviors of their key stakeholders across the key topics.